Work Styles at Zoom
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles.
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinar.
We’re problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you’ll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Technical Sales Architect role at Zoom plays a very important role in building the
foundation of delivery of our technical solutions. We are looking for an architect with deep
knowledge of the collaboration industry to help our solution engineers, sales associates and
customers understand what makes the Zoom Communication platform run underneath the
This individual serves to increase the technical relevance of our solutions engineering
community. This includes creating technical white papers and validated infrastructure designs.
Building lab guides, competitive tear downs and release documentation are a core part of
defining the TSA role.
TSAs will work with a cross-functional team to ensure that the products that we bring to market
are successful in a wide variety of customer engagements. They must have the ability to clearly
articulate the technical differentiators of a product and also work with the Product
Management teams to continually improve the products. TSAs will collaborate with key
partners such as development, product leadership, sales leadership,engineering, senior
technical and business executives to drive the architecture strategy by owning the technical
direction of our platform and help prioritize development efforts.
In addition it is important for TSAs to establish relationships with key architects across
technology organizations and collaborate on promoting architectural standard methodologies.
TSAs will lead a team to define, develop, maintain, and communicate the technology and
platform strategy to all levels. The TSA team will serve as subject matter experts for our sales
teams and our customers. They are responsible to help meet revenue goals by driving creative
programs and participating in complex account strategy by delivering customer presentations,
executive briefings and industry events.
The ideal candidate will be self-driven and have a background in telephony, video and
applications sales, knowledge of Zoom communication platform (Chat, Meetings, Video, Phone,
Marketplace/API) and/or competitive equivalent. As well as champion a culture of innovation,
in an environment that requires high levels of scalability, security and reliability.
In depth knowledge of Microsoft and application based competition is required. (Microsoft,
Amazon, RingCentral, 8x8, Cisco, Pexip, etc). Expert level networking and collaboration
certifications such as the MCSE or CCIE are preferred.
As a Technical Sales Architect you will:
● Be the heart of our solutions as an Engineering owner
● Evangelize competitive differentiators and work with the Competitive Team for market
and competitive analysis
● Build integration labs and provide interoperability recommendations
● Collect customer and field feedback
● Help our product leaders build and prioritize development strategy
● Create and host trainings with our Solution Engineering community
● Build and lead internal teams to drive cross organizational projects
● Create and maintain design guides, troubleshooting guides, evaluation guides,
application notes, technical white papers, presentations, videos and demonstrations for
our solutions and products.
● Support sales efforts, some travel required
● Support product launch activities and assist with trade shows, conferences, executive
briefings and technical training activities.
● Strong business acumen and executive presence
● Extensive customer and field experience
● Exceptional presentation skills and written/oral communication skills
● SaaS Collaboration sales experience i.e. web conferencing, cloud voice, UCaaS
● Minimum 5 years experience in the telephony and software applications industry
● In-depth knowledge of "traditional" voice communications systems and applications
● Excellent communication skills
● Create, present and document technical solutions
● Ability to present topics in a clear and concise manner to many levels of technical skill
sets and audience sizes
● Expert level solution integration knowledge
● End-to-end IT systems knowledge
● Ability to apply IT Systems knowledge to customer solution design
● Formulate and communicate a technical solution / vision
● Understand Zoom partner and ecosystem partners, products and applications
● Mentor developing team members
● Act as a leader when the situation warrants
● Be flexible and able to function in a high growth environment
● Natural leadership skills and the ability to work with all teams across the company
● Project management skills
● 10+ years of technical experience in Collaboration technologies
● 5+ years in a customer or product team facing technical role required
● Thorough competitive knowledge (in their area of specialization) including solution,
technology and product offerings.
● Zoom Communication platform and end-to-end positioning required
● Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways. To view our benefits, click here.
Celebrating Pride Month is always a special occasion for members of our Zoom Pride Employee Resource Group (ERG). Working with our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) team, we put together...Read more >
At Zoom, we are dedicated to delivering happiness and caring for our community, customers, employees, and environment. We seek to make the world a better place by providing technology that...Read more >
Zoom formally launched our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) program in the summer of 2020. It was important to take an honest look at our organization and all the ways...Read more >
Enter your details
Fraudulent Employment Offers
Zoom is aware of scams that involve fake Zoom job listings posted on third-party sites. Responding applicants are contacted primarily over email, InMail and/or chat applications by people impersonating Zoom employees. Eventually a fake offer letter is sent in exchange for personal identification information as part of a fake new-hire screening process.
Please be advised that these offers, communications and impersonations are illegitimate and fraudulent. All communication with Zoom employees come from a “@zoom.us” email address. Zoom job applicants complete an interview process including in-person (on Zoom) meetings and phone calls. Our process also requires you to create an account with our applicant tracking system, Workday.
Zoom will never ask for your personally identifying information during the interview process or ask you to pay money or purchase equipment. If you have received a message from Zoom that appears suspicious, please contact email@example.com.
Find roles that are just the right fit for you, delivered straight to your inbox. The next opportunity you see could become your new career.
Thank you for signing up for job alerts from Zoom!