Work Styles at Zoom
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles.
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinar.
We’re problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you’ll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
Java Software Engineer
About the Team:
You will embark on an exciting opportunity to join one of Zoom's core research and development (R&D) teams. The team is focused on building a new product from scratch!
About the Role
● You will report to your team manager, but will also works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared goals to translate high-level roadmap vision into practical feature specifications and deliverables
● You will develop the Zoom Phone's platform with Java using the Spring Boot framework
● You can create a secure and scalable platform using the latest cloud infrastructure technologies (i.e. Microservices Architecture, RESTful APIs, AWS)
● You promote cloud-based test automation solutions and deployment strategy to optimize service performance and ensure product stability using AWS infrastructure (i.e. EC2, ECS, ElasticCache, or S3)
● You build complex metrics solutions with data visualization support for relevant insights
About You Qualifications:
● You hold a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
● Minimum 3+ years of software development experience building large-scale cloud applications
● You have ample programming experience in Java, Spring Boot, and Spring MVC
● You hold working knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases (Redis, Amazon DynamoDB)
● You've gained in-depth experience with algorithms, data structures, and performance optimization techniques
● You have distributed system architecture design knowledge or experience with high traffic, high concurrency system development
● You are experienced in cloud computing, application security, and familiar with secure development practices
● You understand and can work with web analytics tools (i.e. Google Analytics, Spring Metrics)
● You enjoy thinking creatively and experimenting
● You hold Master's degree or Ph.D in Computer Science or related technical field
● You have knowledge of WebSockets, Message queue, Elastic Search, and Kafka
● You have worked on multithreaded applications
● You're familiar with other leading app marketplace or E-Commerce platforms
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks,
benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways. To view our benefits, click here.
Celebrating Pride Month is always a special occasion for members of our Zoom Pride Employee Resource Group (ERG). Working with our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) team, we put together...Read more >
At Zoom, we are dedicated to delivering happiness and caring for our community, customers, employees, and environment. We seek to make the world a better place by providing technology that...Read more >
Zoom formally launched our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) program in the summer of 2020. It was important to take an honest look at our organization and all the ways...Read more >
Enter your details
Fraudulent Employment Offers
Zoom is aware of scams that involve fake Zoom job listings posted on third-party sites. Responding applicants are contacted primarily over email, InMail and/or chat applications by people impersonating Zoom employees. Eventually a fake offer letter is sent in exchange for personal identification information as part of a fake new-hire screening process.
Please be advised that these offers, communications and impersonations are illegitimate and fraudulent. All communication with Zoom employees come from an “@zoom.us” email address. Zoom job applicants complete an interview process including in-person (on Zoom) meetings and phone calls. Our process also requires you to create an account with our applicant tracking system, Workday. If you have already completed an application, you can access it here.
Zoom will never ask for your personally identifying information during the interview process or ask you to pay money or purchase equipment. If you have received a message from Zoom that appears suspicious, please contact email@example.com.
Find roles that are just the right fit for you, delivered straight to your inbox. The next opportunity you see could become your new career.
Thank you for signing up for job alerts from Zoom!