Dynamic times require dynamic communication. With so much information shared in the workspace, employees need flexible solutions that enable them to communicate and collaborate quickly without slowing them down.
While phone, email, and video conferencing are critical solutions that enable collaboration, employees around the world have also been leveraging another critical tool — messaging solutions.
The Zoom platform offers all of these essential workspace solutions in one intuitive client, including Zoom Chat, our enterprise-grade messaging solution that empowers employees to communicate quickly, collaborate on-demand or asynchronously, and share important information at the click of a button.
What the experts are saying
Workforces are now dispersed across different time zones and countries, as well as offices and remote workspaces making instant messaging solutions increasingly vital. According to a recent study conducted by Morning Consult on behalf of Zoom Video Communications, Inc., between January 28 – February 8, 2022:
- 95% of IT Decision Makers agree messaging services are important for those in a remote/hybrid environment
- 86% of IT Decision Makers indicated messaging services were “Very Important” to their organization
- 90% of IT Decision Makers reported using a messaging service daily
And this widespread use of messaging solutions is no surprise. Messaging applications provide a number of tangible business benefits, including:
- Streamlined communication: Gone are the days where you need to make a phone call, set a video meeting, or type up an email just to share a piece of information — just send the info over chat and the person can get to it when they can.
- Enhanced collaboration: Seamlessly communicate, co-author documents, and share media such as files, images, videos, and more at the click of a button.
- Improved team communication: Create chat channels for different teams and groups for clearer communication and use GIFs, emojis, and more to bring some fun into your daily communications.
Get down to business with Zoom Chat
With a range of cutting-edge features, Zoom Chat is more than just a messaging solution — it’s a collaboration hub!
Not to be confused with in-meeting chat, which is available during Zoom Meetings, Zoom Chat is a persistent messaging solution located in the Zoom client. It also seamlessly integrates with the rest of the Zoom communications ecosystem, including our meetings, phone, and whiteboard solutions.
Here are just a few new features and innovations available within Zoom Chat to help you and your team get more done together:
- Folders: Group together different chats and channels to keep your conversations organized and easy to access when you need them.
- Customizable sidebar: With the ability to arrange and group your chats and channels as you like, it’s easy to stay organized and keep an eye on incoming messages.
- Video messages: Streamline the process of leaving detailed messages with the ability to send video messages through chat.
- Deep links: Direct teammates to specific chats and conversations with a shareable link, making information simple and easy to find.
- Channels backed by cloud storage: Store files, documents, and content with popular cloud storage solutions and create and collaborate on documents from within Zoom Chat. Learn more here.
- Zoom Whiteboard: Seamlessly share your Zoom Whiteboard to Zoom Chat conversations and channels to keep your collaboration sessions going before and after your meetings.
Get the most out of Zoom Chat today
Did you know that Zoom Chat comes included with a Zoom Meetings license? To access Zoom Chat (including all of the functionality described above), download the Zoom client.
Already have the Zoom client? Visit our Learning Center for Zoom Chat tips!