Organizations and employees worldwide have embraced the idea that work is something you do, not a place you go. This change in perspective has also led to a shift in how we view the office.
According to our 2022 poll in partnership with Momentive, just over half (55%) of remote employees prefer a hybrid setup, working from both home and the office — however, over half of employees still want to come into the office to meet new clients (53%) and participate in team activities (58%). Organizations will need to equip offices and workspaces with flexible solutions that empower hybrid teams, encourage employee socialization, and close the distance between the office and the remote workspace.
To help you meet these diverse needs, Workspace Reservation is now available. This latest addition to Zoom’s platform gives teams the ability to pre-book office workspaces, see who else is planning to come in, and get recommendations about where to sit. Some of our beta customers even used Workspace Reservation to book a parking space in advance.
Designed to provide maximum flexibility, Zoom Workspace Reservation enhances and streamlines hotdesking and hoteling experiences. Here are just a few of the ways Workspace Reservation helps support hybrid teams and system admins:
- Flexible hotdesking options: Choose your space reservation time and duration – only a few short hours or a full day.
- On-demand booking: Reserve spaces upon your arrival by using a kiosk at the front desk, the scheduling panel outside of a Zoom Room, or directly at a workspace.
- Intuitive user experience: Teams can use a familiar interface and platform they know and love to book in-office workspaces.
- A streamlined process: Easily upload custom office maps and seating locations directly from the admin portal to create a seamless booking process.
- Simplified space management: Add printable QR codes to workspaces and reserve a space on the fly.
- Workspace optimization with analytics: Use data collected by Workspace Reservation to learn more about how your teams are using their workspace and assist you in planning and building a more efficient and effective workspace.
Simplifying hotdesking and hoteling in the era of hybrid work
Accessible as a Zoom App in your desktop client or through your web browser, Workspace Reservation allows you to book a range of workspaces, including:
- Zoom Rooms
- Zoom Phone Appliances
- Work desks
- Personal meeting rooms, screening rooms, and other configured spaces
“Employers continue to prioritize hybrid office management as they seek a secure, easy-to-use, and comprehensive solution to help connect in-office and remote workers,” said Jeff Smith, Group Product Manager, Head of Zoom Rooms and Whiteboard. “Workspace Reservation expands on Zoom’s already robust hybrid work offerings and helps employees have access to the tools they need to do their best work on a given day.”
Workspace Reservation is now available. Talk to your AE or a Zoom specialist to learn more about Workspace Reservation and how it can help simplify bringing your teams together.
You can also discover how Zoom is supporting the continued evolution of the office and the hybrid workforce with a suite of enterprise communications solutions available on our video communications platform.
To learn more about Workplace Reservation or other Zoom technology advancing hybrid work environments, register for our Work Transformation Summit, happening today.
Editor’s note 7/28/22 – This blog was originally published 7/13 and has been updated to reflect the availability of Workspace Reservation.