2020 was a record-breaking year at Zoom, not just in terms of customers served, meetings hosted, and features introduced, but in the number of employees who joined our global team. We nearly doubled our headcount, welcoming more than 2,000 new Zoomies from March through December 2020!
Through this period of exponential growth, we’ve focused on maintaining our company culture and value of care because we truly believe that in order to deliver happiness to you — our customers — our employees should be happy at work.
We’re thrilled that our employees have named Zoom among the winners of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Awards honoring the Best Places to Work in 2021!
Additionally, we’ve been recognized by Comparably for the following awards in 2020:
- Best Company Happiness
- Best CEO
- Best CEOs for Women
- Best Company Leadership
- Best CEOs for Diversity
- Best Company Compensation
- Best Company Culture
- Best Company Perks & Benefits
- Best Company for Diversity
- Best Company Professional Development
- Best Company for Women
- Best Company Work-Life Balance
These awards are especially meaningful because they’re entirely based on employee feedback — what Zoomies think about us. See how our employees help shape our culture and why they choose to work here.
From the very beginning, we’ve focused our company culture around a single value: “care.” We encourage Zoomies to care for their community, customers, company, teammates, and themselves.
It all starts with our CEO, Eric S. Yuan, who founded Zoom with a mind toward building a place he would want to work at in 10 or 20 years. He felt it was important to create a work environment in which people truly care for each other and care about making their customers happy.
To care may seem like a small part of what we do, but it’s what drives us to keep innovating and serving our customers to the very best of our ability.
Our perks and benefits enable employees to live our value of care in their professional and personal lives. Here’s how we show Zoomies we care:
- Flexibility in how, where, and when employees work, especially while balancing family needs during the pandemic
- Competitive compensation and stock benefits
- Wellness benefits like a monthly stipend for gym memberships or exercise classes to promote health and self-care
- My Time Off with no cap on paid time off
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits, including mental health and fertility benefits
- Employee events hosted by our all-volunteer Happy Crew (virtual meet-ups, holiday celebrations, and visits from Santa)
- Book reimbursement plan to support continuous learning
- Charitable gift matching through our Zoom Cares program so Zoomies can support their favorite causes
- Additional benefits to support working from home during COVID-19, like home office equipment, home gym equipment, groceries, and even food delivery
What Zoomies like about Zoom
While compensation and benefits are an important part of feeling valued and happy at work, we believe it’s also our culture, our leadership, and our values that make Zoom special.
On Comparably, our employees’ reviews put us on the list for a Best Company Leadership award. Employees say it’s because our leaders are transparent, accessible, knowledgeable, and true to the company’s culture of caring.
We were also thrilled to be ranked on Comparably’s lists of Best Companies for Diversity and Best CEOs for Diversity. We’re incredibly proud to welcome Zoomies from all walks of life and countries around the world to our team.
All this contributes to our culture, which one Zoomie says is defined by “a feeling of care for all.” We strive to create a culture that’s felt by everyone here at Zoom — that allows us to make meaningful connections with each other and our customers.
We’re filled with gratitude for our employees whose contributions make us a Best Place to Work and looking forward to welcoming even more Zoomies in 2021. Learn more about life at Zoom or explore careers with us.